March 9, 2009

New York, New York...

It is inevitable not to love new york. It has something that just captures you, and you find the city amazing. And it is amazing. It's like a big meltingpot of people, and it impossible to avoid noticing the strangeness that is going on, and which everyday is interrupting your routine.

However, there is a lot of poverty here that tourists don't get the chance to observe. If you get sick, you are very lucky if someone cares and comes over to help you. No one cares here, and the pollution is extreme. When it comes to pollution absolutely no one cares. Being about 8 million inhabitants, it is hard to take the first step to change... 
We have now let go of our greenpoint apartment  and is moving out soon, and I am also changing schools from June and onwards. Perhaps to something in Europe, Belgium, Switzerland, I don't know yet. What I do know, is that it's not worth living here during the recession on a ok school and paying to much in tuition fee. International students are not very welcome here, neither when it comes to renting an apartment nor signing a cellphone plan. 

I am very keen on going home, or closer to home, to a business school in eastern europe for the fall semester. To complete my bachelor degree there and later begin with my master. Somewhere near the mountains, fresh air and near the sea... Maybe I am not the city girl I thought I was? Maybe New York is too grand for me...
But I do Love You New York ...

No comments: